Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Missin' Missouri

We are loving living in Jonesboro, but there are just some times that I think "Man, if I was in Missouri I would......" With that said, here's my top five list of things I miss about Missouri.

1. My church family. Hands down, the thing that I miss most is my church, and specifically, my Faithful Friends group. This group of young women are so wonderful and truly make God a priority in their everyday lives.

2. My family and friends. I know that we live so much closer to our family than many other people do, but I think my family could see Olivia every day and that still wouldn't be enough! I also really miss my teacher friends at KMS. I have never seen a group of people that are so positive and truly support each other. I also have never been around a group of people that are so funny!

3. This list would absolutely not be complete without mentioning FOOD! There are times (who are we kidding, ALL the time) I would kill for a Bills BBQ with extra slaw, crispy fries, and a piece of Strawberry cake from Causbey's Bakery. Mmmmm mmmmm good!!

4. Aldi's. Yes, you read that right. I love getting groceries there and I loved looking through all the random stuff that they have in addition to food! They also have great seasonal food that they only stock during certain times of the year. Jay, on the other hand, is probably glad that I don't go there anymore. Now I actually come home with only the things on my list. One day I came home with a case of apple pie yogurt- that was a bit much!!

5. Missouri sports. I've always liked Mizzou but I love the SEC. Since they made the move I am officially a Tiger fan (no more house divided). We've been pretty lucky with basketball this winter and we have caught quite a few games in TV (Did you see the pig roast last night?). The thing that's going to get us is Cardinal baseball. I'm still klinging to hope that we will run across a channel that carries the games, but I have a feeling we might be buying an online subscription or upping our cable package.

As I have typed this I think I am going to have to make a trip North in the next few weeks. That cake is calling! Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Please come visit! I will have a causbie's cake ready!

    ReplyDelete