Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Sunday, January 15, 2012

15 Weeks


How far along? 15 Weeks

Total weight gain: 5 lbs-still
Maternity clothes? No maternity clothes, yet. I can tell that my pants are getting tighter in the waist. It’s strange because they still fit everywhere else!
Stretch marks? None yet
Sleep: I am sleeping so much better since I got my Boppy Body Pillow. I used to wake up at night freaking out because I was on my back. That really helps me sleep on my sides. I actually slept all night last night! Between bathroom trips and restlessness, that hasn’t happened in a LONG time!

Best moment this week: Deciding that I am going to have a gender reveal party for my family. One of my fellow teachers makes beautiful cakes for this occasion, so I am going to have our families over to the house for dinner and ‘the big reveal.’ I also looked at baby clothes for the first time this week. I can already tell that I am going to be in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Miss Anything? Not being able to just go and do things. I asked Jay today if we could go skiing this winter and he basically vetoed that immediately!
Movement:
Nothing, yet, but I have had my suspicions. This baby is going to have to do a back flip before I will probably recognize it.
Food cravings: Still loving sour things. This is especially crazy because Jay loves sour things more than anyone I know. I have never cared for them, so now we are fighting over everything sour that I bring in the house
J.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, feeling great!
Gender: Still waiting

Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Outside of being tired, I haven’t had many symptoms this week. I have had to remind myself that I was pregnant a couple of times.

Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy, but I have cried more this past week than I can remember in quite a while. It’s like I get started and can’t stop-haha!
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender and starting to REALLY show!

I'm starting to see a little bump when I look in the mirror-so exciting!! I know I'm pregnant, but when I can start to see it, it makes it even that much more real. I want you all to remind me of this the day that it is the middle of June, 85 degrees, and I am the size of a beached whale. Remind me that I was really wanting to show in January!

Last night, we had the best time. We went to eat with Jeremy and Randi Allgood and their little boy, Eason. I have been around lots of babys, but since I have been pregnant, this is the first time I have been around a baby for this long. He is honestly one of the best babies that I have been around, and I learned that the parenting style of the parents is truly reflected in the child's disposition. They are very relaxed, low-key parents and so is Eason. The entire time we were eating, he just sat there, looked around, and never made a noise. If only I can be so lucky!!

When we got back to their house, I changed my first diaper-and a poopy one, at that. My first diaper experience was with our friends, Matt and Angie, and their baby, Isabelle. She had just pooped and was eating real food at this point, so they made sure to give me a very 'full' diaper. I opened the diaper and immediately shut it and yelled, "Ohhhhhh!!!" I slowly stepped away from the table wondering how something so precious could produce something so vial!

This time around, I was much more determined. I got the diaper on and didn't even get sprayed. Now, I know that if I have a little boy, I will live to regret those words, but I had to say it. I can't wait until Eason is about 16 or 17 and I can tell him that he was my first successful diaper change-hehe! I can already tell that I will love the smell of a baby (when their diaper is clean). I can just smell it while I'm typing.

Such a fun night, and a small look at what is to come. I know that there are stressful times, but seeing the love that Randi and Jeremy have for their little boy is so sweet, and I can't wait to expereince that for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment