Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Daycares and Doctors

This week, my baby prepwork has focused on two topics: finding a daycare and finding a pediatrician for the baby. I must tell you that out of everything that is involved with having a baby, finding a form of childcare that I am satisfied with is the most nerveracking.

I went to eat lunch with some girlfriends before Christmas and came home feeling like I was an uneducated parent, already!! I hadn't even given any thought to finding daycare, yet. I mean, I wasn't even out of the first trimester!!!!! I was quickly informed by my friends (who are mostly moms or further along in their pregnancies than me) that there are lots of people that keep children in Kennett, but very few that you would actually want to send your child to. They quickly discussed a myriad of names, none of which I recognized and then moved on to the next subject. I, on the other hand, was reeling. I couldn't remember any of the names, and didn't even know where to begin.

After about 3 weeks of calling, and calling, and CALLING I am about 95 percent sure that I have found childcare that I will be very satisfied with. I still think I am going to try to find a backup just in case something doesn't work out. I do not even want to think about the day that I will drop little baby Wheeler off at the daycare for the first time. I'm sure that my makeup will need a touch up--big time! One thing that I think will help me feel better is there will be church friends there. My good friend Becky said that she was going to tell her daugher to 'watch out for the little Wheeler baby.' The Little Wheeler Baby.....I'm getting excited already!

On the other hand, finding a pediatrician was much easier than finding daycare. While everyone has a different story as to whether or not they will work, or who will keep their baby, everyone has a pediatrician. I believe that we decided on Children's Clinic in Jonesboro. This is actually where I started going when Dr. Gubin said that he really couldn't help me with my allergies, anymore. I was very sick as a child, so I hope the baby gets Jay's immune system. I loved Children's Clinic so I feel good about that decision. We haven't completely decided on a Dr., yet, but we have narrowed it down to a couple. The thing that I keep hearing over and over is that they are all wonderful and that they are open every day except for Christmas day-two VERY good things to hear.

It feels good to cross things off the baby list, although it seems like as I get one thing accomplished I find 5 more things that I need to do. In the end, I know that everything will get accomplished; it always does. I guess the next thing on the list is deciding on whether or not to get maternity pictures....cringe!!! I guess that will just have to be another post.......

No comments:

Post a Comment