Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Norfork Lake, Good Friends, and a Cream Soda

I will post some pictures from the weekend soon, but I can honestly say that I have never been so tired! Friday morning, Jay and I headed out with our good friend, Jarred Gooch. My mom and her husband have a house at Lake Norfork and have been wanting us to come visit all summer. My mom's father-in-law lived to be 100 years old. He passed away a few months ago and Jarred had been his nurse numerous times. Everyone went on and on about how good he was to Mr. Tackeberry, Butch was really wanting him to come over to the lake.

We decided to take Drake to Mountain home to board him at Deborah's pet spa and resort-hehe! Soooooo, here we all go Jay and Jarred in the front and Drake, Sassy, and me in the back. After dropping Sassy off at my mamaw and grandad's house we were en route to the lake. I have to say that if the DJ gig doesn't work out for 'The Situation,' Jarred could pick up the slack. Not only did I have a trip down 412; I also had a trip down memory lane. I heard more 80's and 90's music than I have heard in quite a while.

When we got to the lake we dropped off Drake at the 'spa' and he didn't even look back before leaving. Now I know how all of you moms feel when your children just run off to their first day of school without even looking back to wave (or wag) 'bye!' I called later that day to check on him and I was told 'that he was settling into the resort area nicely'- oh good grief :)

After heading to Wal Mart to get groceries (and have a 20 minute conversation with a lady on oxygen and a moterized scooter about whether or not I was wearing a mini-dress and why she couldn't wear one anymore), we did one of my favorite things........NOTHING!!! We just sat around and waited on or friends Woody and Missy to make the trip from STL. After some dinner and bowling, we hit the sack for a long day on the lake.

I want to emphasize the word long.....LONG!!! We got on the water at 9am and didn't come back in until 5:45. We had the best time! All of the guys did some water skiing, Missy and I layed out quite a bit, and once again, Gooch rocked the Ipod (yes, I said 'rocked the Ipod'- I can't help it, I listened to 90's music all weekend). It's so tough for all of us to get together these days. I guess that's why we had so much fun. We just caught up and had a good time. I even jumped off of Big E. I can't have you going and thinking that I am a daredevil or anything, so I'll let you in on a secret......the water was so high that it was only about 20 ft tall-haha!

That night, after dinner, we decided to play Battle of the Sexes. We got this as a wedding gift and I am ashamed to say that it still had the plastic on it. I think that based on those questions it was pretty clear that the boys and the girls, both, need quite a bit of work on figuring each other out. I will say that the dead ringer of the game was.....MOM! She got quite a few questions right and some the had right and I talked her out of it..oops!

The next moring we went to get Drake and he had gotten an A on his report card. Yes, he really got a report card, filled out complete with comments. It's proudly displayed on our fridge. On the way home, we had to make one more stop in Hardy, AR. Jay and Jarred discovered that I had never had a cream soda in my life and this just wouldn't do for them. I had to endure multiple stories during the weekend of hanging out at the Parker's house, playing Halo and drinking cream sodas. I don't know what Carrie Parker put in those sodas, but they left quite the impression on those guys. Anyway, Hardy has an old fashioned soda fountain and nothing would due but for them to get me a cream soda. I have to say that I wasn't sure about it in the beginning; I mean, I pictured something that was cream in color; you know CREAM soda. This was brown and just looked like flat Dr. Pepper. But after three drinks I was hooked. Next time, I'll have to try something else new. That place had tons of old-timey stuff!

It was a great weekend with great friends and family!! I just sat in the back seat with my big baby in my lap (Drake) and thanked God for all that he has blessed me with.....and that cream soda, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment