Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Adding to the family!!!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted this week, but it has been very busy with many different things. I had to share with you a very special picture..........


One of these little pups are going to be going home with us in a few weeks. This spring, we visited Wildrose Kennels in Oxford, MS where Jay had put a deposit down on a pup when he was in college. The litter didn't take and then he started working at Nucor and it just never worked out. When we visited the grounds of the kennel and talked to the owner and other trainers we were so impressed that we activated his deposit for a yellow male. We were told that the earliest that we would be able to get a puppy would be March or April of 2012. Jay sent an email to the kennel this week to check on an updated mating schedule, and they sent an email back saying that a puppy out of this litter had become available!

We will be traveling to Oxford on July 18th for a new puppy seminar and then we will take our little guy home. We are so excited and can't wait to get him. Jay and I have already started working with Drake more, but really I think they are both working on training me-haha! I am going to be in charge of house training, so I need all of the prayers I can get.

They are supposed to send us more pictures at 5 weeks, so I will post them as soon as I get them. If you want to check out Wildrose Kennels you can go to their website  http://www.uklabs.com/. This is a great kennel, which is home to the Ducks Unlimited mascots. They truly live a sporting lifestyle of training working dogs that can also be family pets. I know you're probably thinking, "What are they going to do with three dogs (and eventually a baby)?" Well, when I posed this question to Jay, he said, "Well, I guess we'll just make a movie!"
Well, you get the idea! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment