Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to School!

Yesterday was my first day of summer classes and I have to say that if I make it through these classes with an A it will be a miracle! I initially thought that this was going to be a pretty quiet summer, but within a week I successfully filled up almost every weekend with something that is going to take us away from home, or take the better part of the weekend in Kennett. On top of that, I am trying to get caught up on all the things that 'I don't have time to do' during the KMS school year.

Back to classes..... I am taking two classes this summer. One is online and is an assessment class that, quite honestly, will just be one of those things where you try not to think about it and you just get it done. While I find the subject matter interesting, I am refusing to really think about the amount of work that this class requires in a 6 week period. The next class is one that I am really looking forward to. While the schedule is daunting, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 to 6, the subject matter is quite interesting. It is a class over group counseling and we are actually going to be participants in a counseling group lead by our professor. I have to tell you that this makes me pretty nervous, because I am the kind of person that can endlessly talk about things that don't really matter, but find it very difficult to put myself out there in front of others. At any rate, I am excited about this class and the direction that it might take. I keep telling myself that the whole point of counseling is to foster a sense of 'self-actualization,' so I truly believe that this process is going to be benificial for everyone in the class.

With my new blog and classes starting, I have been on my computer lots more than I am used to. I had to show you my computer's competition, because it is pretty steep. Take a look at Sassy. This is what she does the whole time that I am on the computer for any reason! After about 5 minutes when she can't take it anymore, she squirms around to the front of the screen and noses my hand away from the keyboard for some love. :) Add Drake into the mix and there's no wonder that I haven't gotten anything done over the summer!

Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment