Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Monday, June 6, 2011

This week is the Miss Missouri Pageant in Mexico, Missouri. For two years I competed in this program and I feel very lucky to have met so many intelligent women and to have participated in so many wonderful experiences. I remember how I felt on Monday night:

We had been in practice for a couple of days and interviews were going to start on Tuesday. Everyone was so excited and nervous because whoever was the winner at the end of the week would begin their journey to Miss America. It was pretty surreal.

At this point, everyone is running on pure adrenaline and hours of practicing dance numbers in an unairconditioned gym didn't help much either. In the end, we all made it through and even though I never was crowned Miss Missouri I would never trade the life lessons and life changing responsibilities that came with the territory. Even as a local title holder I was able to realize what it meant for people to rely on you and respect you and what it also meant for people to look up to you. That was one of the first times that I stepped outside of myself and evaluated whether or not I would respect myself as an onlooker, or wonder how I got that title in the first place. I try to do that in my walk with God. I won't even begin to say that I always measure up, but I always try to practice this technique for a good 'reality check.' In honor of the 2011 Miss Missouri Pageant, I thought I'd brush the dust off of some old pageant pics......

My 2006 Headshot-Oh, how I love airbrushing!!

My decorated door on arrival day.

My Miss Mo Little Sister. She traveled all the way from Senath!!


The 2006 MO Girls Troupe-The most talented group of women I have ever worked with!

If anyone feels like channeling their own inner beauty queen, I have heard that they will be cybercasting the final night on Saturday. Later in the week, go to missmissouri.org for more info. I know I will be watching and I just might even get out one of my crowns-just kidding-or am I? :))))))



No comments:

Post a Comment