Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!

Good Morning everyone!! I just got up and checked the weather forecast and right now, in Kennett, it is 88 degrees, but the heat index is 101! In honor of this blistering summer day, I thought I'd post a picture from a few weeks back. I put this on facebook, but since it's really cute and I had to work very hard to get it I thought I would put it on my blog.
This is our resident squirrel which resides in our neighbors' front yard tree. I'm still working on a name, but he likes to play in the mornings and lounge on his front porch in the afternoons. We are friends right now, but I think that might change when he discovers my tomato plants beside our carport (pictures of those to come). This leads me to my question of the day...

Does anyone have any tips for keeping critters out of my tomatoes?

As a new gardener, I get so excited to water my plants and count the tiny green tomatoes, but I have caught 'my little friend' counting them, too. I can only imagine that he looks at my tomatoes and thinks 'buffet!!' My friend and certified green thumber, Viretta Sexton, had heard that if you put a pan of water beside the plant they will drink the water and leave the tomatoes alone because what they really want is the liquid in the tomato. I am going to try this, but any additional words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

 Have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment