Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Remember when...

Yesterday I took my Nana to the Dr. in Jonesboro. I have to confess that it was the first time that I have taken anyone to the doctor. Moreover, I realized that since my parents and my husband are pretty healthy, this was the first time that I have really taken care of someone. As the day went on, I got better at it, but when they called her name to come back to the examination room, she was juggling her purse and her oxygen canister and I didn't even think to help her-so embarrassing!!


By the end of the day, we had gone to the doctor, visited two McDonald's to get a Caramel Mocha Cappuccino, made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby, picked up dinner at Olive Garden, and completed some grocery shopping. Out of all of the days events, my favorite was the conversation. I always forget everything my Nana has experienced in her life. I always like hearing her stories about when she was a young mother of three, or when she traveled all over the state with Eastern Star. I especially like the stories about my Grandma Maggie and the way things were when she was a little girl. Yesterday reminded me of how important it is to take the time to visit with grandparents or anyone that has been on this Earth longer than we have. I always learn something new and even though yesterday was all about her, I may have gotten more out of it than she did. Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment